Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Jeremy Lusk in Critical condition














For those who dont know already Lusk under rotated a seat grab indy flip causing him to slam head first into the ground
in the X- nights comp in Costa Rica.

Here is the story from Expn's Ryan Leyba ,

I woke up this morning to a disturbing text from ESPN Photog and Blogger Chris Tedesco.

I don't know if you heard or not, but Jeremy Lusk crashed really hard at the X-Knights contest in Costa Rica. He broke his jaw and is in bad shape.

First off, I'm just posting what Chris Tedesco sent me. Neither he nor I can speculate about what happened because neither of us were in Costa Rica at the time of the crash. I hate reporting about things like this and I especially hate it when people speculate about what could be wrong without knowing the facts. What I do know is that Jeremy Lusk needs all the prayers you can throw his way. Religious or not, please pray for his well being. I'll be sure to keep you posted when I know more hard facts.

I've been getting random updates about Lusk's condition from ESPN contributor Chris Tedesco, who's been getting his info from Brian Deegan. According to Tedesco and Costa Rican newspaper, La Nacion, Jeremy has been unconscious since his crash and is currently in a coma. He underwent emergency surgery to release pressure from his skull, which was caused by accumulation of blood between the brain and the skull due to a dangerous shift of his brain. Doctor Alejandro Hernandez was quoted saying:

"It is too early to say predict the severity of his injury, but he was breathing on his own. Furthermore, he was totally unconscious", added the doctor.

After the operation, Jeremy was placed in Surgical Intensive Care, where he is undergoing analysis with a neurosurgeon.

Close friends and Metal Mulisha teammates, Brian Deegan and Ryan "Fluffer" Hagy are on their way to the airport and flying out to San Jose, Costa Rica on the next flight available.

I'll keep you posted on all the latest details as they're made available. All we can do now is pray and wait for good news.



They have created a blog with all the info on Lusk's condition so to keep in the loop go to www.prayforjeremylusk.blogspot.com

The video of his crash is on youtube but i cant bring myself to watch it, Stay tuned for updates and our Prayers go out
to Lusk's Family

No comments:

Post a Comment